It is no secret the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our normal way of life. Visiting Cape May looks quite different than in the past, but it is still easy to enjoy the town while following CDC guidelines, wearing masks and social distancing.
When you stay at Antoinette’s Apartments and Suites, we take our guests safety as our number one priority. We have made numerous changes to our check in and cleaning protocols, so guests will feel at ease.
Local merchants and restaurants have done an excellent job providing a safe atmosphere for shopping and dining. Here are some great suggestions for ways to safely enjoy Cape May this winter!
- Cape May County Park & Zoo: The zoo requires patrons to observe social distancing guidelines and wear a face covering at all times while inside their property. They are offering private guided tours, virtual outreach programs and even an “adopt an animal” Valentine’s Day Special. The zoo’s winter hours are 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For more information visit www.capemaycountynj.gov/1008/Park-Zoo.
- Exit Zero Studio Zero: The popular Exit Zero restaurant is offering an airstream experience with a tribute to 70s classic rock. The airstream has class photos, a record player with a stack of vinyls and a classic microphone, perfect for Instagram moments. Reservations are required. For more information call 609-770-8479.
- East Lynne Theater Company: Enjoy the free event (donations suggested) reading a speech by Ida B. Wells from Thursday January 28 to Sunday February 28. The event is virtual and their live events will return in the summer. For more information, visit eastlynnetheater.org.
- Wine & Chocolate Tasting at Hawk Haven Winery: For the month of February, enjoy a daily wine and chocolate tasting at Hawk Haven Winery. Enjoy six of their popular wines with luxurious gourmet chocolates. Reservation and prepayment required as seating is limited to 25% capacity. For more information, visit hawkhavenvineyard.com.
- Cape May Whale Watcher: Get out on the open seas and enjoy whale and dolphin watching. Conde Nast Traveler recently rated Cape May as one of the best spots in the United States for whale watching. The Cape May Whale watcher re-opens for their first trip on March 6, 2021 at 1 pm. To buy tickets, visit capemaywhalewatcher.com.
- Sherlock Holmes Weekend: The ever popular Sherlock Holmes Weekend occurs this winter from March 19 to 21, 2021. Cape May Mac has a full weekend package (and separate events) for a welcome reception, clues tour, performances and lunches. For more information, visit capemaymac.org.
- The Wetlands Institute: A great way to enjoy nature inside and outside is at the Wetlands Institute, open Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Social distancing and masks are required. Enjoy their Salt Marsh Trail, with elevated walkways and the dock. For more information, visit wetlandsinstitute.org.