August has arrived and the summer is in full swing. This summer has looked quite different because of COVID-19. New safety measures, enhanced cleaning, face masks and social distancing, have forced us all to adapt to a “new normal.”
Despite the challenges, this summer has shaped up to provide the same fun and liveliness that Cape May has always been known to offer. Here are some fun activities you can participate in to enjoy your August to the fullest.
- Exit Zero’s Sunset Jazz Series
- Check out live music presented safely, keeping patrons, crew and musicians healthy and working, on the 10,000 square feet of Green Space at Visit Cape May MAC. Couples seating available. Check out the schedule exitzerojazzfestival.com/sunset-jazzcalendar
- Physick Estate
- Cool off inside the air conditioned Emlen Physick Estate while taking a house tour. This year’s theme is “This Old House.” Visitors will learn about the mansion’s years as a grand residence for the Physick family, to its tragic decline and near demolition, and, finally, to its rise as a fully-restored historic landmark. The carriage house is open daily.
- Cape May County Park/Zoo
- Visit the new zebra foal, born in July! Donations are being accepted to choose her name, from Zuri, Glory or Gwen. The Zoo requires everyone over the age of two years old to wear a face covering for their entire visits, as well as adhering to social distancing guidelines. Admission capacity is limited. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Cape May Lighthouse
- Climb to the top of the Lighthouse in just 199 steps! Visit the Lighthouse Museum Shop. Face coverings are required to climb. New hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cape May offers so many wonderful activities, many fitted for the required social distancing measures. Keep up to date with our Facebook page and Instagram, as we are always sharing events and activities.